Ladies and gents - light up the tree, pull out your favorite ugly sweater, and cue the Mariah Carey music because…IT’S TIMEEE! The holidays are here and the festive spirit is filling the air. With cozy weather, decking the halls, Starbucks holiday menu, and all the soirees - we just can’t shake the holiday jitters.
And as festive and fun as the holiday season is, it’s not all gingerbread houses and mistletoe kisses all the time. Between the never-ending to-do lists, bustling shopping malls and cyber sales, and family gatherings - it’s easy to get overwhelmed. Holiday stress kicks in, and we can start to feel like we’re skating on thin ice.
You see, Arrae is all about helping you feel your best, so you can be your best. So we’re here to help you mitigate the stress so you can enjoy all the good things this holiday season with our Holiday Survival Guide. With that being said, keep reading to learn how to manage stress and anxiety this holiday season, the Arrae way.
The Holiday Hustle and Bustle
Picture this: your office party is around the corner, there’s plenty more gifts to buy, and countless events to attend - and in the midst of everything that’s supposed to feel fun, you feel like we’ve been caught up in a snowstorm.
Sound familiar? Trust us, you’re not riding this sleigh solo. In fact,a 2015 Healthline survey found that 62% of respondents described their stress level as “very or somewhat” enhanced during the holiday season. We tend to place high expectations on the holidays, doing the most to make sure all the events, traditions, and gifts are perfect to form happy memories.
Because of this, the holiday stress can get the best of anyone - with symptoms including anxiety, head and body aches, restless sleep, and increased irritability. But fortunately for all of us, the average holiday stress is an acute reaction to an immediate threat1 - which means that this stress can be mitigated if properly managed.
Hot-tips for Managing Holiday Stress & Anxiety
When it comes to proper stress and anxiety management, we’ve got your back. Let’s dig into some hot tips for managing stress and taking care of yourself amidst the madness:
- Prioritize self-care: Make time for things that bring you joy and help you take a second to pause. Whether it’s taking a bubble bath, reading a book, mindfulness meditation, or taking a stroll at the farmer’s market, pencil in time for yourself to reset and recharge.
- Set your boundaries: Don’t spread yourself too thin. It’s okay to say no to things that drain your energy. Focus on the things that truly matter and allocate your time and energy to them.
- Delegate, Delegate, Delegate: If it’s available to you, don’t be afraid to ask others to help out with holiday preparations and let go of the idea that everything needs to be perfect.
- Step Outside: Gloomy winter weather can have a big impact on our mood. Try to get some fresh air and sunlight whenever possible, as studies show that spending time in mother nature helps raise oxygen levels in the brain, increasing serotonin levels to elevate your mood3.
- Stay Active: Find ways to incorporate movement into your daily routine. Whether it’s a HGW, yoga class, or even dancing in the kitchen to “All I Want For Christmas,” physical activity is a powerful stress reliever and energy booster.
- Practice Gratitude: Take a moment each day to reflect on what you’re grateful for.Research shows that gratitude practices, like journaling, can boost your happiness by up to 10% and reduce depression symptoms by 35%.
The star on top of the tree? Arrae Calm is your secret weapon when it comes to combating stress and anxiety during the hectic holiday season. Our holistic supplement is packed with a powerful blend of natural ingredients that work harmoniously to help you find relief without feeling drowsy or foggy.
Arrae Calm - Your Cozy Escape for Holiday Stress
Arrae Calm harnesses the calming properties of L-theanine, which reduces those anxious feelings that can turn holiday cheer into holiday fear. Inositol provides panic relief, while the passionflower supports relaxation. And we can’t forget our star of the show: Miss Magnesium Bisglycinate that soothes the mind and body (without causing any unwanted laxative effects.
By balancing stress hormones and increasing calming chemical messengers in the brain, Arrae Calm helps slow down those spiraling thoughts and promotes a total state of zen.
And, there’s more good news. Not only does this benefit your mind, but it also supports a happy tummy. When stress sets in, your body goes into fight or flight mode, making it difficult for your digestive system to function properly. Arrae Calm works to lower your cortisol levels, allowing your body to put more energy into digestion.
Effective stress and anxiety management is key to conquering the holiday bustle and hustle. And with these hot-tips and Arrae Calm by your side, you can conquer any stressors that the holiday throws your way.
Cheers to a relaxed and revitalized holiday season!
*Disclaimer*: This article is purely informational and does not imply any evaluation by the Food and Drug Administration. This article is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent diseases, nor should it substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.
“Happier and Healthier: 5 Benefits of Spending Time Outdoors.” Firelands Health, 30 June 2021, www.firelands.com/empower/health-wellness/happier-and-healthier-5-benefits-spending-time-outdoors/.
“Holiday Stress and the Brain.” Harvard Medical School, hms.harvard.edu/news-events/publications-archive/brain/holiday-stress-brain. Accessed 22 Nov. 2023.
Seligman, Martin E P, et al. “Positive Psychology Progress: Empirical Validation of Interventions.” The American Psychologist, U.S. National Library of Medicine, pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/16045394/. Accessed 22 Nov. 2023.